Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Last night (yes, Halloween) was the TWENTIETH anniversary of my first date with dh. This photo is not from that first date; it is from December, I think. Still, this is how we looked--19 years old, young and thin. LOL
Story behind the blind-date: the guy I thought I wanted to go to the Halloween dance with decided to go dressed as Jesus. I just could not go to a party with Jesus. I decided to stay home, then my friend decided I needed to go out with her boyfriend's friend . . .
He took me to McDonalds, where I ordered a Diet Coke, no food, but ate half his french fries, then to a movie, Legal Eagles, which I don't remember, since I did not wear my glasses around him for several months. All I saw was a big blurry rectangle of light, lol.
We're no longer 19 or thin, but still together.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! You guys look completely besotted. And I don't mean in an alchoholic way. :-)

athena said...

i love the photo too! reading about your blind date reminds me of how my husband and i began dating. i set my friend and her sister up with two guys from my work to take them to a church ball. the sisters could had gone stag (i went stag) but they were the kind of young ladies that needed to be accompanied, LOL. anyway long story short, my friend ended up dancing with everyone else which left me feeling sorry for her partner and so ended up talking (we never talked much at work before this) and getting to know each other and voila.

Montserrat said...

What a great photo of you two! Halloween was my parents 30th anniversary of getting engaged. It must not be such a scary date afterall!