Sunday, February 12, 2006

I just returned home from a trip to see my extended family, who is in need of a little support right now. My brother is in the middle of a messy divorce and is having a terrible time; he's living at my mom and dad's house right now. And both my grandmothers have been very ill. I went down to see everyone, and happily one of my grandmothers is rallying and improving a lot. The other one, however--I was shocked to see how quickly she has worsened. This is a picture of this special lady, my grandmother, in better days. I will try and collect my thoughts and see if I can express them. I think at one point yesterday she recognized me, but she simply was not well enough to track a conversation, and there are many things I wish she knew I felt that I could not say, for she would not have heard them. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

It's always so hard when we see loved ones suffer and know we can't really do anything to physically help them. May you and your family find calming peace during these trying times. Remember be of good cheer! (I learned that from you!) :-D

andalucy said...

She seems like a most special lady. It's wonderful that you had someone who encouraged you to BE YOURSELF! It would be a not-so-nice world without this particular bookworm...