Friday, February 24, 2006

OK, I'm onto a new book. Sensitive readers might not be so fascinated with the last chapter of The Child That Books Built; there were parts of that I skipped. :-) Didn't really need to read his thoughts on science fiction and especially not his thoughts on, um, erotic literature. I always read a fiction alternating with a nonfiction, so I had to squeeze in a quick fiction read before getting to the new book my son found for me at the library yesterday (wasn't hard, I had Goodbye, Mr. Chips in my stack, I finished it this morning.) So now I am onto More Book Lust by Nancy Pearl; I've read the original Book Lust and got LOTS of new ideas for my ever-expansing Want to Read lists. I'm looking forward to the same with this one, and she even mentions The Child That Books Built in her intro. Also this quote, which I love!

"I have always been reconciled to the fact that I was born a bibliomaniac, never have I sought a cure, and my dearest friends have been drawn from those likewise suffering from book madness." Lawrence Clark Powell

Ditto. :-)

2 comments:

andalucy said...

O.k., Bookworm (can I call you B.W.?) here is my problem: I used to read incessantly, but I find it impractical now with 4 children. Sometimes (and I can't believe I'm saying this) weeks will go by that I don't read a book. I read the scriptures, the Ensign, other articles, etc., but I don't start a good book because my family hates me when I'm reading! They want my attention all the time. Have I spoiled them or something? The thing is, I can't demurely read a few minutes before bed. If I'm into a book I like, I read through meals and since I'm the only one who cooks around here you can imagine how popular THAT is. But I miss reading, B.W.! I feel incomplete! Whaaaaa!

Sorry to post this ridiculous long comment on your blog. I just had to get it out. :-)

Montserrat said...

I'm curious too. When do you find the time to read? I have to wake up early in the morning to exercise and get some reading in. If I don't it doesn't get done that day. I have thought about scheduling a "QUIET TIME" for 1/2 an hour after lunch were everyone justs reads. But I know I'll be reading to the little ones instead of reading what I want to read.