Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oh, May My Soul Commune With Thee

Oh, may my soul commune with thee
And find thy holy peace;
From worldly care and pain of fear,
Please bring me sweet release.

Oh, bless me when I worship thee
To keep my heart in tune,
That I may hear thy still, small voice,
And, Lord, with thee commune.

Enfold me in thy quiet hour

And gently guide my mind
To seek thy will, to know thy ways,
And thy sweet Spirit find.

Lord, grand me thy abiding love
And make my turmoil cease.
Oh, may my soul commune with thee
And find thy holy peace.

Copyright Lorin F. Wheelwright.

This is the hymn I'll be memorizing for March; I don't know it well yet, I've never heard it sung outside of my CD's, but I need its message!

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

That is a beautiful hymn. I think I'm going to work on "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing." It's not in the hymn book anymore, but it used to be! I love the words and the melody to it. Every once in a while the Mormon Tabernacle Choir will sing it in conference.

Bookworm said...

Ohh, I love that one too, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be much work to memorize it, lol. I have a dear friend who "alerted" me to Come Thou Fount a long time ago, and so I now have about 4 recordings of it, including one I listen to nearly every day! LOL It gives me goosebumps. :-)