Wednesday, March 22, 2006

THE MONSTER STACK
OK, I really ought to be doing something else, but I don't want to yet, so I thought I'd share the Monster Stack by my bed, waiting to be read. Maybe if I mention them they won't give up on me, or sneak up on me at night and smother me. :-)
On My Bedside Bookcase: (yes, others have stands, I have a bookcase)
Wanderings, by Chaim Potok

The Swiss Family Robinson, Johann Wyss (read)
Rob Roy, Walter Scott
The Princess and the Goblin, George MacDonald
At the Back of the North Wind, George MacDonald
Then There Were Five, Elizabeth Enright (read)
Ecclesiastical History of the English People, Venerable Bede
Galileo's Daughter, Dava Sobel
The Tainted Relic, The Medieval Murderers
Lorna Doone, R. D. Blackmore
The Book of Lights, Chaim Potok (read)
Captains Courageous, Rudyard Kipling (attempted and failed)
The Once and Future King, T.H. White (began but never finished)
Jane and the Genius of the Place, Stephanie Barron (read)
The White Company, Arthur Conan Doyle
For Packrats Only, Don Aslett
Founding Father, Richard Brookhiser
Real-Life Homeschooling, Rhonda Barfield (read)
We Die Alone, David Howarth (read)
The Story of My Life, Helen Keller

Whate'er Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part, David O. McKay
The Christmas Books, 2 vols, Charles Dickens
The Water Babies, Charles Kingsley
Hans Brinker, Mary Mapes Dodge
Foxe's Book of Martyrs, John Foxe
Joan of Arc, Mark Twain
Our Sacred Honor, William J. Bennet (read)
From Dawn to Decadence, Jacques Barzun
Longitude, Dava Sobel (read)
What Latter-Day Stripling Warriors Learn from their Mothers, Ardeth Kapp (read)
Gift from the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh (read)
More J. Golden Kimball Stories (read)
Essays for Prospective Missionaries, Grant von Harrison
Defining the Word, John Tvedtnes (read)
Beloved Bridegroom, Donna Nielson (read)
Wives and Daughters, Elizabeth Gaskell (read)
Discover Your Children's Gifts, Don Fortune (read)

There, think that'll keep me busy for a while? I won't tell you what's next, because they might hear, I never tell them so I don't get their hopes up. Disappointed books are tough customers. You can talk, though, they won't hear you. ROFL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are these all "candidates"?! Oh dear!

Curious...how did you come across Beloved Bridegroom?

Becky:)

Montserrat said...

Sounds like quite a nice well-rounded stack. Be careful the stack doesn't fall on top of you, it might cause some real damage!

Anonymous said...

I am a musician who has been impacted by Keith Green and I would be honored if you would check out my music, all music is free to download. I just wanted to share my music with People who love Jesus.

I don’t want to be a pest, so if this really annoys you, please delete it and accept my humble apology.

Thanks so much,

-Sean
“All my music is free.”