Monday, April 03, 2006

I don't really know why I'm posting this, I haven't made it recently and likely will not be making it any time soon, but it really is very very luscious. :-)


Feather Bread from Irions Honey Farm

10 cups freshly milled white wheat flour
3 Tbsp yeast
1/2 cup dry milk powder
3 cups warm water
2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
2 Tbsp dough enhancer (commercial, or just lecithin or vitamin C powder will work)
4 large eggs
4 tsp sea salt
In mixer, mix 5 cups flour, water, dry milk, yeast, honey and oil. Let sponge for 10-15 minutes. Then pulse until deflated, and add remainder of flour, dough enhancer, eggs, and salt. Mix until smooth for five minutes on kneading speed of your mixer. Dough will not clean sides of bowl for at least 2 minutes. Very moist dough! Oil hands and counter top to handle, then shape as desired--it makes 4 lovely 8x4in. loaves, or rolls, cinnamon rolls, pizza dough, whatever. :-) Let rise again, then bake at 350 (about 20 minutes for 8x4 loaf pans) Yummy! I found that the dough is so soft that loaves keep shape better if you shape them by braiding. I got so I could do this as fast as I used to be able to just make plain loaves. Beautiful soft yummy bread

2 comments:

athena said...

you needed to post it because i needed to read it! :) thanks for posting. i might give try it and maybe when i do, will post a pic of it on my blog. :)

andalucy said...

[pumping fist] yes! Awesome recipe from Bookworm and future photos from Athena!