Wednesday, May 10, 2006

SNICKERDOODLE CAKE
Yes, this did taste a lot like snickerdoodle cookies! Good thing, because we love snickerdoodles here too!
Grease and flour 2 round cake pans, preheat oven to 350
1 package plain white cake mix
1 cup whole milk
1 stick BUTTER, melted
3 large eggs (I feel my arteries clogging already! LOL)
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Blend all ingredients on low for one minute, then medium for 2 more minutes, pour into pans, and smooth out (batter is pretty thick) Bake 27-29 minutes or until test done. Turn out of pans after 10 minutes cooling time, cool, and frost. We made plain buttercream frosting, and added 1 tsp cinnamon to it, and it worked great! It was very yummy. Good thing for my diet that there are only 5 of us, therefore only 5 birthday cakes. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh. i don't even know what a snickerdoodle is! is it like a snicker bar?

Bookworm said...

LOL! Oh, Athena, you are missing something! Snickerdoodles are soft, buttery cookies rolled in cinnamon and sugar before baking. They are delicious! One of my favorite cookies.

Montserrat said...

Thank you very much for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Well then, I can see me having to let go afew buttons to eat this then! But I'm always up to the challenge. LOL.