Thursday, May 25, 2006

This picture is from a very cool living history museum we visited called the Frontier Cultures Museum, in Staunton. It had four separate living-history farms with costumed re-enactors living just like the different peoples would have lived. This first is my favorite--a 1710 German flax farm from the Palatinate--not far from where Sinks and Barnharts would have come from, and a bit west from where Stines came from, in Germany, at about the same time they would have left! I felt like I was seeing how my ancestors would have lived before coming here. Very cool! This man was working with harvested flax; also on the farm was a young boy working in the flax fields, and a woman in a kitchen making lunch. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»