Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Well, I have a lot to report on since I posted right before Mother's Day. Dh and children gave me gifts on Sunday, then we left to drive to Kansas City so we could be on the plane early Monday morning. They know me very well; I got several things I had wanted for a long time: A Heart Like His, by Virginia Pearce, and Mary, Martha and Me by Camille Fronk (+ whatever her married name is now, to me she'll always be Camille Fronk) Both of those are sure to be things that are just what I need in my journy right now. So is the nice CD I got, Jenny Phillips' The Miracle.
None of our children had ever flown before, so Monday the 15th was exciting for them, we flew from Kansas City to Atlanta, and then on a smaller plane to Lynchburg, Virginia, then drove to the house we were staying at near Raphine. We took the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it was exquisitely beautiful, beautiful views all around of mountains, valleys, streams, and tall, tall forests! We never did quite get used to the very winding, twisty roads, though. I still was getting dizzy from them when we left! Tuesday, the 16th, we went to a zoo and a safari park, and a place called Foamhenge; pictures below. Our oldest son got sick at lunch, so we sort of took it easy after that, and spent a quiet evening at the house we rented, playing games. Renting a house or cabin is definitely the way to go! It cost less than a nice hotel suite for a week would have been, and we had 3 bedrooms, two baths, a stocked kitchen and laundry room, fireplace, treehouse, fire ring . . . so much more comfortable than hotel rooms! I was also stocked with some prescriptions for sleeping and migraines, to try and avoid my typical vacation difficulties of lack of sleep followed by migraines that keep spoiling and cutting short our vacations. It worked! The sleeping pills were just temporary, for while I was away, but I'm keeping the migraine medication, even though it is $40 for six pills! A bargain, IMO!
Well, there is lots more, but I'll be blogging in installments! Check back tomorrow! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»