Tuesday, December 05, 2006

It's still a German-Austrian Christmas celebration around here! Yesterday we learned about Barbarazweig, although we did not do it ourselves. We also made peppermint twists (not necessarily German, although they were yummy!) We made gingerbread cutout cookies and decorated them last night for FHE. No pictures, the kids ate them too quickly. :-(
Today we made pfefferneusse dough. We'll bake it in a few days, then put the cookies aside for a week or two before eating! I sure am glad that this German-American housewife has a mixer and does not have to do all this mixing and beating by hand only. :-)

Next I begin Fudgefest. I'll be making 8-10 batches today. No, that's not necessarily German either, but we always do it. We are keeping it simple this year, and only making chocolate and possibly chocolate-raspberry. I'm frustrated, though, that my favorite Hershey's Raspberry Chocolate Chips are not in my stores this year. I am trying a new product but do not know if it will melt and turn out well. We'll experiment at the end of Fudgefest.
I'll post recipes if anyone is interested.

No comments: