Monday, December 11, 2006

Well, the baking is in full swing here now. We've had a busy week! Saturday we made a huge batch of our favorite chocolate chip cookies, Macy's Cookies. This recipe makes 14 dozen! Saturday evening we went to Bah, Humbug! a local school's Christmas play/concert. A young woman we know and love played the Ghost of Christmas Present. :-) It was nicely done. Sunday, I found myself without a calling. Having just been released from a Primary calling so I could focus on Teacher Development, I found that the entire Teacher Development position, program, and all, has been discontinued! LOL I helped out in the nursery, not being sure what else to do with my newfound freedom. :-)
Today I made some plain cookies for us to take with us tonight. For FHE tonight, we will drive around looking at Christmas lights, and drive through our town's large for-pay display. It is a new tradition begun last year, and was a lot of fun!
Then, we made a double batch of Chocolate Truffle Cookies, one of my dh's favorites. I'm about baked out for today, but hope to get more done tomorrow.
Fa la la la la!

2 comments:

Montserrat said...

A cookie recipe that makes 14 dozen?! I'd really like a copy of that one, by the time we all get a taste of cookie dough there's only enough left to make about a dozen and a half cookies.

How do you keep your waistline from expanding with all the goodies you make? I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Would you mind posting your Chocolate Truffle Cookies recipe? Thanks

Emily