Saturday, December 16, 2006

Well, I didn't get as much done this week as I'd once hoped. PMM was derailed by a stomach virus, which naturally derailed me too. Pretty hard to get much done while doling out sips of gatorade every five minutes. LOL I will try to get my dipped gingersnaps done today, as they are my dh's partner's favorites.
Have had a request for Chocolate Truffle Cookies, which are one of my family's favorites.

Chocolate Truffle Cookies
1 1/4 c butter, softened
2 1/4 c confectioner's sugar
1/3 c baking cocoa
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 c flour
2 cups chocolate chips
1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles

In a large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add flour, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. Shape into 1-inch balls, dip in chocolate sprinkles, and place on ungreased baking sheets 2 in. apart. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until set. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. About 5 dozen
We usually double this. They are very, very good! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this, Michelle. Hope your family feels better soon.

Emily